Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Boys Get Schooled

It was the first day of school yesterday and all of my boys were present! Chris was a little nervous being back in the classroom but he seemed to fit right in. His age only showed when he fell asleep doing his homework ; )

Jeremy and Ben attended the school hours for the "dependent" kids. They all meet in the main dining room each day we are at sea and do their school work. They are using a program that is self taught and they both seem eager to get the work done. So hopefully they will finish up their work for the semester in no time!

We ate breakfast with one of the professors, Marissa Ferrara and her family. They are from Charleston where she teaches at the university and her husband owns a "beach food" restaurant. They have 2 kids...3 yr old twins...Sidney, who believes she is a princess and dresses like one and Dante, who believes he is a shark...and dresses like one ; ) Best thing about them...Marissa was once the Golden Eagle mascot at MARQUETTE!

Water, water, EVERYWHERE! We are somewhere in the middle of the Pacific headed for Hawaii. The sea was brutal on me yesterday and kept me horizontal for most of the day. Lucky me, the lady at the gift store said that the Asian seas are the WORST! And it's an 11 day voyage...great.

I did make it to the library with the thought that if I don't pick up any classes on the drop/add day, then I will do a lot of reading. Something I can't seem to fit in my regular routine at home. I thought I'd start ambitiously and searched for a copy of Moby Dick. I left empty handed. My head and stomach opting for a good pillow rather than a good book.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my people that you meet coming from Charleston and also affiliated to Marquette! What a small world indeed. I am sorry that your stomach was not feeling good. I am sure you know that you need HYDRATION even if you are not throwing up a lot. Your skin pores are more open on this occaisions and water evaporates through that. It seems like the boys are not complaining about it. That was nice that there are children involved in that voyage. What can I say, I hope that you can enjoy more and not be quizzy most of the time. I hope that you can eat too. I love ll of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great connections already!! Can't imagine school being more exciting... I'd want to definitely get all my work done just to have more time to have fun on board ship! (Go Marquette!)

    ReplyDelete